Sunday, September 8, 2013

This Weekend/Family First

This weekend I have had the privilege to hang out with some family that I don't get to see much. They live on the other side of the mountains and life is busy. I thought it was going to be pretty boring hanging out all weekend not doing much but I was wrong. I have had such a great time with my family, we hung out, told stories, I got to show them around my town a bit, we laughed, we even went to an NA meeting together. This morning I woke up with a huge smile on my face, I had a thought.....I am going to make breakfast for them. If any of you know me personally you know I like to eat and am great at doing dishes, but a gourmet chef I am not. I didn't do too bad though, I made French toast some with cinnamon and some with vanilla, mixed fruit, turkey ham (I think that's what it was), and some eggs. It was a lot of fun and to see the reaction on my Leah's kiddos face when he saw the feast.....it made it all worth it. I am blessed to have a strong and loving family, they are who have picked me up time and time again when I fell down. I am honored to be able to share this with you today.

mmmmmmmm
 
We have had a great weekend, my cousin Leah's son is one of the cutest kids in the world.....he is full of energy, laughter, and an innocence only a child can have. He is a pretty cool kiddo too, we haven't been able to keep him out of the pool. We even had a pretty fierce 10 round boxing match, where I hate to admit.....I got beat, he is one tough kid!!!

4th Round KO
 
This weekend has made me realize a few things that are always going to be true, family is the most important support group you can ever have, family will love you unconditionally when you either don't love yourself or feel that you are not loveable, and family will always be your family no matter how bad things get. I wish my twin could have been here so we could have all experienced the awesomeness that we did. I am thankful for the life I have today and I am thankful for my family more than words can describe.

Taylor, Leah, Me (Zach)

 
I have had a good weekend and really enjoyed the time I got to have with them and looking forward to many more! As always thank you for reading the blog! Peace and blessings!
 



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect weekend Zach! Your cousins have grown! wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they have.....kind of funny to think I used to throw them in the pool

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm enjoying your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica. I am glad u r enjoying them. I am having fun writting it

      Delete