Sunday, September 29, 2013

Realization

Why as humans when we have options do we pick the ones that are the least healthy for us? Why do we refuse to listen to that little voice inside our head saying "don't do that or don't go down that path!!!"? I think it is human nature to do what we feel or know is wrong hoping that the outcome will be different than what know will happen. Maybe it is that eternal optimism that we have. It makes me wonder what would happen if the first time we heard that voice to run the opposite direction we actually did. Probably would save the us frustration and heart ache.

We all learn at different paces, sometimes I think that people are ok without learning at all. There is a take away from everything we do. Sometimes it is not apparent and we have to think about it for a bit. Lessons that are learned quickly and swiftly are usually not the important or meaningful ones. The painful and treacherous ones are the ones that we learn from and keep with us forever, or at least should.

I wrote about this last week at some point but wanted to touch on it again. At this point in my life I have more going on than I ever have and its not going to slow down anytime soon. Between my schooling, my job, coaching, training, and investing in my personal growth I have very little free time. I am ok with that, but if I am going to do something during those free moments I think it should enhance my life or at the very least, put a smile on my face. I have recently talked to some people from my past and my mind has been opened up to some great thought process and lessons to be learned.

No one likes to be criticized or felt like they are not good enough, so why do we put ourselves or stay in situations that do that. It all comes back to the misery loves company outlook. How silly is that, we stay in relationships/situations that are no good for us, do not allow us to grow, or are just plain toxic. Yet we remain in the game for as long as we can. Its kind of like breaking you leg in the first quarter of a football game and playing until the end because you wanted to see if it would get better.

I guess the "take away" from all of this is, if someone or something doesn't contribute to your happiness or growth why keep it around? To see if it will get better? It wasn't a good fit from the beginning so why do we try to fool ourselves?

As always I appreciate the support and love! Peace and blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment