Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Education


Do you know what you were put on this earth to do with your life?

About 3 1/2 years ago I figured it out while I was at a track meet. I was standing on the High Jump pit watching one of my jumpers that had never jumped before take a top 5 finish. He came up to me with a gloss in his eyes that words can not do justice. He said to me "thank you for all you have taught me", at that moment this warmth came over me and I knew. I was put on this earth to positively influence others. Teaching, coaching, sponsoring, or whatever other word you want to replace those with. I am now sitting about a year away from my student teaching part of my degree and it feels good.

I have had one of those weeks that to sum up in a word would be impossible but I will try, Inspirational, I have been around some amazing teachers while working at my new school this year and the previous two at my old one. I am seeing the passion they have for their job, and it is energizing and extremely motivating to me. I am so ready to have my own class, (I say this now) correct papers, and instruct the kiddos at the school I work at. Now, what I do now is still educating but on a different level. I have had the privilege of working with some amazing people in my short 3 year stent as an educator and have been very fortunate to have their knowledge and guidance along the way.

I am finally seeing brightness in my life after a dismal and dark period of time. Through this blog and getting back to investing in myself as opposed to others has made me feel content for the first time in quite some time. I recently had to do something that I didn't want to do but had to, I stepped down as a conditioning coach for our cross country team. (I am still going to be coaching High Jump!!!!) I needed to free up some time for my studies. Sometimes we need to sacrifice our wants to pursue our dreams. I know that I could have continued to be there each day and been just fine, but its time to buckle down and get this done. I have 25 credits to do this term and they are not going to be easy ones at all. Need vs. wants, this is something I need to do for myself and the my future. I am ok with that.

I am becoming ok with a lot of things in my life and it feels good, I am in a good place right now just being me. I am on a challenging but super rewarding path right that presents new hurdles daily. Bring it on, for the first time in a long time I am ready to face what is in front of me and excel. I have had a giant success this first year at WGU and am going to continue to do this for one reason.... It needs to be done to get to where I need to be!

A big thank you to  all the educators that I have come across in the past 3 years for giving me some insight. Thank you for giving me guidance, knowledge, and making 100% sure that I was put on this earth to become a fantastic and caring teacher!!!!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment