Monday, September 2, 2013

Getting Older/Getting Better

As I was at the gym today in my old Eisenhower Track jersey I started to think about how much simpler things used to be. I tell my track kids all the time to cherish that time in their lives because it doesn't get any easier. Bills, jobs, relationships, heartache, responsibilities, blah blah blah....u know grown up stuff. My mind quickly moved to thinking of them as daily challenges. If we look at these things as have to's and not get to's then life is going to suck for us. All of these things that we get to do on a daily basis are character builders. I know I know you're thinking "if I had a quarter for every time I heard that" but its true and I like to look at that way. Each and everyday we are faced with a number of challenges that are either going to motivate us to rise to the occasion or bring us down and push us further away from our goals. I want to rise to each and every challenge put in front of me and destroy it. I don't always and things don't usually go the way I want them to, that is part of belief in the will of the man upstairs. Things tend to go as they should and end up the way they should. If I had a crystal ball I would be a much happier and wealthier man, but I don't so I chose to make the most out of each and every situation. Things are not always sunshine cup cakes and unicorns pooping rainbows, sometimes things crappy things happen. Hopefully we can all look at those times and try to take something out of it, if now well I hope someday that you can find the meaning for it. They don't always come to you, sometimes you have to dig deeper than the surface level to see what was there.

Sometimes life doesn't make sense, sometimes it is easier and more comfortable to stick to what you know. I try to tell people in my life that in order to expand our comfort zone we must step outside of it. Sometimes though it is important to stay where you are comfortable to figure and reflect on the things that make us uncomfortable too. I think that is why I have been rededicating myself to myself. Looking for meaning and direction lately and I tend to be most at peace when I am pushing my body to the limits, on the road running, in the gym lifting, or in the ring boxing. It's what I have known for awhile and it helps me process thoughts. My recovery and my spiritual daily maintenance is also helping me wrap my head around things. This blog is also a great help to me and hopefully some of you that are reading this are finding something to take away from this. As always I appreciate the support that is being shown and thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment