Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pursuit of Happiness

Things in life change daily, sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad. I try to take something out of each and every situation I am presented with in life and learn from it. Recently I had to do analyze my life objectively and realize that things weren't on the path that I wanted them to. I sat down by myself and listed out all of the things that were going on in my life. I looked at the list and separated the good, the bad, and the ugly. I decided that changes were a must if I was going to get to where I wanted to be. I was not happy with myself or things in my life that I felt were pulling me down. I made a decision to work on myself, for myself. No one else is going to do that for me so why put my faith anything else but me. I am not where I want to be but I am getting closer each day. They say when one door closes another opens up......well the door that needed to close and open was me. I was doing the same things I had been hoping things would get better. If you don't invest in yourself nothing is going to change. Well that ship has sailed and it is time to keep on the course of getting back to me for me, not anyone else. As a society we tend to get wrapped up in gossip and what others think, this takes focus off of ourselves. Not a healthy practice for anyone trying to better themselves. If you want something different in your life for your future, then do something about it. Life is not going to hand you the success you want or desire in any situation. You take what you need and you work hard for it. Somewhere along the past few months I lost sight of that and was back into complacent mode expecting things to happen or happiness to magically appear. Well there was no leprechaun with a pot of gold or lucky charm marshmallows. I realized I wasn't happy with myself because I wasn't doing much for myself. So after a few long talks with my support circle I grabbed those things off the back burner and made them a priority for me. Like I said earlier, no one is going to do it for me so wtf am I waiting for.....These are just my opinions of course. I am on that pursuit and I am not getting off....... Hope all enjoyed the read, have a happy and safe labor day! Deuces

No comments:

Post a Comment