Monday, September 16, 2013

Growing Pains

After talking to a very close friend last night, it was pointed out that there was a lot of pain behind my post. Well I can't disagree or dismiss what was said. I know it came from an honest and real place so I will take it as it is. Sometimes in life we are faced with a difficult situation that we don't want to accept or even deal with. This is life, it doesn't always work the way we want it to. It does however, always work out the way it should. Some things we need more understanding on, some things we step over and move forward.

As I have said before, I truly believe that things happen for a reason and exactly how they should. People come in and out of our lives when they should. I believe that things are to be looked at as learning experiences. Some, as mentioned in last nights post are more painful than others. Tis life...... I read this quote on the good ole' FB today thought it was pretty good,  so I thought I would share it with you guys.

"With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose." -Wayne Dyer
 

I like this quote a lot, seems to be pretty fitting to some lessons that have been learned lately. Some lessons that had been learned and then forgotten or brushed under the carpet so I wouldn't think about it. I think it is important to learn from mistakes or unhealthy behaviors. I have been told in my life that someone will suffer until they are ready to be done with it. I like to say the smart people learn from their mistakes and the lucky ones learn from others mistakes. I seem to be neither sometimes and it always seems to end me up in the same situation. I always tell myself, (and how many of you are with me) "next time will be different" HAHAHA

When we as human being see something we want, like, or even love we put blinders on and only focus on that one thing. It's as if that is the only thing that matters in the world. We forget what is important, we do not listen to our friends and family who are telling us things we don't want to hear,or showing us the writing on the walls. We tell ourselves that things aren't as they seem or manipulate our thought process to come out to benefit our hearts. Never a good way to go...........results may vary but usually don't.

In the process of healing I think it is of the upmost importance to take all of that effort lost/wasted and put it back into yourself. It is the only thing that will make sense to you, so do it and let nothing come in between you and your inner peace. One last quote and then it is off to celebrate the final I just passed!

"If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else" Marvin Gaye

As always guys, thank you for the support and taking time out of your life to read about mine! Love, Peace, and Blessings.

2 comments: