Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Motivators

So I have been doing a lot of thinking these past few days. What motivates us to change; fear, hurt, anger? What causes us to stay where we are; contentment, love, not knowing any better?

These questions have been rolling around my head for a bit and I thought I would share. I do not have all of the answers, just a few that came to my mind. I have learned in the program we will go through something and hurt until we are done. We will change things when we feel miserable enough to do so. I think pride and ego play a large part in our willingness to change or stay where we are. Is the pain enough to do something about it or are we good where we are?

In relationships most people decide on what flaws are acceptable and what flaws aren't. We then proceed to see if those flaws are something we can live with. If not, our brains tell us to move on, our hearts tell us a different story though. Our hearts tend to cast shade on the things we don't want to see or want to admit to ourselves. The two body parts are very rarely in-sync with each other, but I can only speak from my experiences.

Arguments and fighting are another thing that have been on my mind lately. Pride and ego play a huge part in arguments turning into fights. Is this really that big of a deal, or are we making a mountain out of a molehill? We don't want to admit defeat and say I am sorry. It blinds us from the bigger picture. We see what we want to see, not what we are suppose to.

This is why a support circle is so important to our lives. They tell us what we need to hear and show us a different perspective on things. We get so wrapped up in our head and heart that we don't see the clear picture. We are subjective in almost everything we do, we need those outside perspectives to keep it real with us. They tell us their objective views (at least the good ones) and we do what we want with them. Suggestions are just words until they are put into action. I am thankful that I have a strong support group that isn't afraid to tell me what I need to hear. They are able to shine new perspective on things in my life that I choose to not admit or see. If it wasn't for my support group and my outlook on life, I would not be where I am today.


Enjoy your turkey day all, thank you again for the continued reads and support





No comments:

Post a Comment