Sunday, August 25, 2013

First entry

Where to start.....I have wanted to do a blog since about 2011 but wasn't sure what I wanted to write about. So I guess I will start with an introduction, I am 34 years old living in Yakima, WA pursuing a degree in education. I coach Track (High Jump) and Cross Country and that is what made me realize I wanted to become a teacher. I love the challenges it provides and the joy it brings my heart to see the students and even the athletes grow. I am also in recovery and have been for almost 4 years, through the program I am working I have realized many things about myself and about life. I believe that everything happens as it should and when it should, I also believe that people come in and out of our lives for a reason. Whether it be to teach us something about the world around us or ourselves in that world. Now the things I post on here are my opinions and lessons that I have learned, if you can take something from it fantastic, if not that is great too.

I want to learn as much as there is to know about myself and my surroundings, I have a great family and a very powerful support circle that is key to my sanity. There are many things in my life that are needed to keep my sanity, my brother is a big part of that, much like me he tells it how it is. We are twins and very close, we weren't for the first 19 years of our lives then we got close and drifted back apart when I was in the later stages of my active addiction. Now that I am clean we are in sync with each other and I couldn't be happier.
Here is a picture of my CRAZY family in New York this summer
Came across this song today on a pod cast from Avicii and it was like speaking to me directly. Love music and how it can help you relate to the world or your life.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CYKXBEtf0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnhJEcc27A7F9_frwNbEW6w

Well I think this is enough writing for one day, I need to get some homework done so I can justify watching Breaking Bad in a few hours.......Hope you enjoyed reading my first entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment