Monday, August 26, 2013

Daily Maintenance

We all have our own way of keeping our sanity about us. As I sit in my chair sweating my arse off after an short but amazing evening run I was thinking of a few things...... As a recovering addict my brain does things that most do not. I have a laundry list of things I have (nay) get to do on a daily basis. I was recently reminded of my lack of daily maintenance and how far off course my level of thinking was. I have recently gotten back to the things that I need to do in my daily/weekly routine. Each and every morning I wake up and I pull my cards I have some Native American animal cards and a set of Sacred Path cards that I draw and read on. It gives me direction on things I will work on that day or reminds me of something pertinent going on in my life that I may have forgotten about. I have also re-made the commitment to being more diligent in my workouts, this summer was not so good for that. Boxing, weights, and my favorite of all time.......running. Running gives me the sense of freedom that one only dreams about. Its just me, my music, and my thoughts...pounding the pavement while I solve all of the worlds problems. ;) Ill just start with my own first. School work is another thing that was pushed back this summer, I am working hard to get my degree and used the fact I passed 3 classes in a week as a justification to slow things down......pshhhh like that is a healthy thing to do?!?!   I pray, yes I said it I pray. I pray that my friends, family members, and loved ones are happy, healthy,  and safe. I pray that I will continue to live through the will of the man upstairs. I pray for clarity and strength each day to stay clean and have a clear thought process. I started attending more meetings for NA where I find solutions to my problems, not just a forum to complain about things. I am a member and a brother to people in the fellowship and I would not trade the relationships of unconditional love I find in the rooms for any amount of money in the world. I am grateful to be of service to the fellowship because I have received so much more than I am ever going to be able to repay. These are a few of my favorite things, I sound like the song I know. This is what keeps me grounded and as level headed as I can. This blog is not a place for me to preach or stand on a soap box, it is simply a way of me speaking my heart and share a little bit of my world. If I am able to help one person through a rough time or help give direction, then I will add that to my blessings I receive on a daily basis.  If you are this far down on this post, well you have learned a little bit more about me that you may have not known.

I decided to add this video for a few reasons, I was thinking about it on my run, it is one of my favorite songs EVER, and well I don't think it got enough play when it came out..... I hope you enjoy this video half as much as I do. I want to thank you for taking time out of your evening/or day for reading a bit about me.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Zach! Maybe sign up for a race? That always helps me when I want to get back out there with my running!
    I can't see the video?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is the link to the video..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vpkMU854JE hope this helps... Thank you for reading my post, means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete