Sunday, February 16, 2014

Investment

I do not believe in coincidences, this is a lesson I learned a few years ago through my sponsor. I believe that everything in our lives happen exactly as they should. I believe that people come in and out of our lives at the exact right moment. I believe that relationships begin and end to give us the ability to grow and learn something.

Everything around has has a meaning or a lesson that we can learn to better ourselves or prevent pain again. Whether or not we choose to see the lesson and learn from it is up to us. Some lessons are harder to learn than others, that is just life. I think in the back of our mind and in our hearts we know that a certain decision is either a good one or bad one from the beginning. What makes us decide on those decisions that will either hurt or help us? I like to tell myself that things are going to work out better than I expect, I am usually wrong, it has to do with putting expectations on people or situations.

There is a fine line in over involvement and not enough in a relationship. This summer I lost myself in one, and not in a good way. I learned a few very valuable lessons from it; do not settle for what you aren't 100% on, you have to keep yourself healthy and grounded in every way you can, and if you are not happy about something you need to speak on it quickly. If you chooooooose to hold it inside, you are going to build a resentment which are never a good thing. 

I do not think that you can over-invest in yourself. Through prayer, meditation, gym, fellowship, music, and this blog I am able to keep myself healthy. I have rough patches just like everyone else, but its those times that I need to reevaluate my situation and move forward. These are just things that help keep me sane. I do not think investment in self is or ever will be a bad one!

Thank you all for your support,

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment